Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 2-Economy-Poland-Karel Junior De Groote


Hello everyone,

This is karel speaking from Poland. It is awesome here but also a little bit cold anyway we are having fun. I like Poland so much because of their great economy and ofcourse the nice boys and girls. Did you know that Poland their economy is the sixth largest economy in the EU? One week before we started our trip, I was talking with Thomas that Poland is poor and has nothing to do. Well, I was totally wrong. Poland is the only member in the EU that avoided a decline of the GDP. Well in fact the main reason why they made such a great growth was by privatization of the small and medium state-owned companies. They encouraged the private business sector. Look at the pictures, all these great buildings. I feel myself back in New York city! We were shopping and walking around in the beautiful city Warsaw. High buildings, business people walking over the street with blind eyes and talking to a mobile phone. I LOVE IT! I love the busy people, it keeps me alive and enthusiastic. The agricultural sector is still slacking because of structural problems, small farms, surplus labor and no investment in it at all. I end this blog for now but I will keep everyone up-to-date in our future adventures. I see you next week back, have fun!

 Powitać

 Karel and his fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment