Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 5: Bulgaria - Tourism - Michiel Houwen


Dear followers!

What an epic journey this has been so far, unbelievable. Sometimes I wish this trip would never end but then I have to face the fact that I’m going to have to return to the real world, Belgium, some day. But hey, this is only week five, seven more to go! Woohoo!

Anyways, what about I tell you something about the country we’re currently in, eh? The fact that we are moving more south every week makes me one hell of a happy person, I love the sun. Yesterday we arrived in Bulgaria, one of the most visited destinations in Southeast Europe! We are currently resided in the capital of this beautiful country: Sofia. The name itself puts a smile on my face, I should write it down in my how-to-name-my-future-daughter booklet.   


Enough with the nonsense, let’s talk about Bulgarian tourism! Tourism is vital for this country, that’s why you have all different kinds of tourism in this country: cultural-, historic-, eco-, and architectural tourism. Sofia mainly thrives on its historic tourism with main sights like the Tsarigrad Road, the National Assembly Square, and the Sofia University. Most tourists here come from Romania, about 1.5 million each year, followed by Greece and Turkey. During summer, the most lucrative attractions are the summer resorts like Albena and Golden Sands. Alas it’s still a bit too ‘cold’ in April to enjoy these resorts but that’s okay; we don’t make this adventurous trip just to be lazy. The perfect months to visit Bulgaria to enjoy the summer resorts are June, July, and August. Then temperatures rise up to 37°C.

I hope you all learned something today. This country is one of the most beautiful ones we had so far but I’m sure there will be other upcoming countries that can do better.

Take care my friends! Dovijdane!




No comments:

Post a Comment